Awards & Scholarships
Student Recognition – Ainlay Achieves
Harry Ainlay recognizes and celebrates student achievement.
- students are recognized for outstanding contributions and achievement in academics, fine arts, applied subjects, co-curricular, and service.
- Awards Program
- District Awards Program
- Excellence Recognitions
Criteria for Awards
Honors with Distinction and Honors awards will be given to students who meet the following requirements:
- Awards are based on marks at grade level and not necessarily based on courses completed in the current school year.
- Awards are based on 25 credits of which 15 credits must be from a core subject: Math, English or French Language Arts, Social Studies and Science. English or French Language Arts is mandatory. Non-core subjects may compose the remaining 10 credits.
- Honours with Distinction will be awarded to students with an averaged mark of 90.0% or higher. Honours will be awarded to students with an averaged mark of 80.0% to 89.9%.
- An awards ceremony will take place in October to recognize the achievements from the previous year.
Note: No exceptions will be made to students whose mark is a fraction of a percentage short of any of the three levels.