Parent, Student, Teacher Conferences
Thursday October 19th
The October PST conferences at Harry Ainlay will be organized in the arena format. Our conferences will take place in the library, cafeteria and hallways running parallel to our library and general office, between 6:00PM – 8:00PM. Teachers will be grouped by department and organized alphabetically by surname. Maps will be available on site.
Below are a few suggestions that might help to make your PST conference a smooth one.
- There is no need to make appointments with teachers.
- Make sure that you arrive with important information readily available:
- the names of your child’s/children’s teachers
- your child’s marks reports from SchoolZone
- questions regarding aspects of the class/homework
- Join the shortest line of your child’s teachers. You may have to spend a few minutes in line if a teacher is in popular demand.
- Aim to spend between 4?5 minutes with each teacher.
- Should you feel that you require more time to discuss your child’s situation, please make an appointment with the particular teacher to continue the discussion at a mutually convenient time.
- We encourage you to bring your child/children so that they feel part of the process.
- If you need assistance, please visit the career centre and speak with one of the members of our student services team. Our counsellors and work experience/RAP coordinators can also assist you with any inquiries of your child’s program or individual needs.